|Chicken Cheese Balls|
Chicken Cheese Balls
- 1/2 kg chicken mince
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 bread slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes (optional – add based on the spice level you prefer)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 6 green chillies, chopped
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 12 to 15 mozzarella cheese cubes (one cm in size) – approximately 150 grams of cheese
- Dry flour/maida to roll
- 1 egg, beaten with 1/2 tablespoon of water
- Bread crumbs as required to roll (I personally use Panko style crumbs, but you can use normal as well)
- Put mince with all the ingredients into a chopper or food processor, except flour, cheese, egg and crumbs. When chopping ingredients, don’t add them all together into the processor as it sometimes gets clogged up. Keeping the chopper/food processor running, add ingredients through the feed tube so that they get mixed properly.
- Chop all the ingredients well. The mixture should be slightly chunky (like kofta/meatball mixture) and not pasty.
- Take mixture on hand, make a round flat disk, put the cheese cube in it and then roll it in a ball. Make all the balls first, keeping them on a tray/plate.
- Once all the balls are made, roll them in dry flour/maida first, then dip in beaten egg + water mixture, and then finally in the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Deep fry on medium heat till light golden. Since the chicken mixture is raw inside, make sure you don’t cook on high heat otherwise the outside will brown but inside will be raw.
- The balls can be kept in the freezer and then fried when required.